The more busy day of the year for AF.

Old Jun 4, 19, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
The more busy day of the year for AF.

Hello all !

Big question for FF,....

What you think is the more busy day of the year for AF ?
Old Jun 4, 19, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Likely a Saturday end July/beginning August.
af fp, irishguy28 and SDQBound like this.
Old Jun 5, 19, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
For returning to France ?
I will have think the 6 or 13 July, for departure (from CDG), and a Sunday 30 July or 7 August for return.(to CDG)
Old Jun 5, 19, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by FBplatinum View Post
For returning to France ?
I will have think the 6 or 13 July, for departure (from CDG), and a Sunday 30 July or 7 August for return.(to CDG)
No, the peak date for the summer holidays in France is the 1st half of August (leaving end july/beg august, returning mid-august).
Old Jun 6, 19, 3:44 am

Programs: Many
+1

Packed flights in Y with plenty of unexperienced travelers, lots of UM, staff also on vacation.
Old Jun 6, 19, 6:27 am
Original Poster

No, the peak date for the summer holidays in France is the 1st half of August (leaving end july/beg august, returning mid-august).
Peoples did not take advantage of the additional day off of the 14 July to travel abroad ?
Old Jun 6, 19, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Peoples did not take advantage of the additional day off of the 14 July to travel abroad ?
14 July falls on a Sunday this year; to the best of my knowledge, this does not give rise to an additional day off.

I am not sure that many people would be persuaded, by just a single day off, to travel abroad by air. (Certainly not to the extent that it would become the BUSIEST day for Air France, which appears to be what your question poses)

Perhaps if you gave some context about what precisely you wish to find out, or what concern lies behind your question, we could address your query with better insight.

For what it's worth, Saturday August 3 is Black Saturday on the French road network - but that is more tied in with the school holidays, and the custom of taking most of the month of August off, rather than any specific day off, or the national holiday. I would expect August overall to be busier at French airports than, say, the weekend of 14 July.

Copy and paste this URL into your browser: https://www.bison-fute.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/Calendrier_2019_Bison_Fute.pdf

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 6, 19 at 12:37 pm
Old Jun 6, 19, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bodory View Post
Packed flights in Y with plenty of unexperienced travelers, lots of UM, staff also on vacation.
Otherwise said, the absolute nightmare

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
Perhaps if you gave some context about what precisely you wish to find out, or what concern lies behind your question, we could address your query with better insight.
Indeed, I wonder the same since the start of this thread...
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 19, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Indeed, I wonder the same since the start of this thread...
If it's related to booking a flight on a day where the OP thinks they will have a better chance of receiving an operational upgrade to a higher class of travel - I think they will be disappointed!!! And would likely now end up with an economy class ticket much more expensive than could have been obtained with advance planning!
Old Jun 6, 19, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
If it's related to booking a flight on a day where the OP thinks they will have a better chance of receiving an operational upgrade to a higher class of travel - I think they will be disappointed!!! And would likely now end up with an economy class ticket much more expensive than could have been obtained with advance planning!
I did not look for upgrade (not #1 ).

I mostly flight with Delta (80%), and 20% with AF/KL in the last 2 years.

But, I have be quite "lucky" (from my point of view), my company paid mostly Y or W, (I paid 50% of the difference between Y & W) but I keep the points and other.

Example of my luck, if my flight is overbook and they look for a "volunteer", I keep the $$$$. On my last flight I take my daughter (with award ticket) with me and they need 2 seats, this give me 1600 USD (+ some miles).
My average is about 20% to 25% of my one of my flight is overbook. (With Delta I do YUL-ATL-PVG)
Next time I travel YUL-CDG-PVG (PE) the 19-20 June and back the 12-13 July (quite good at 2003 $ cad)

I am flexible for my travel date, and almost all the time did not "overpaid" a ticket.
Old Jun 6, 19, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

So now that we know finally what you have in mind, I will repeat that July 12-13 will not be the busiest day of the year (it will be the ones I mentioned above), but for see it will be very busy days. Wether that will mean something good or bad for you, I have no clue.
irishguy28, glennhaak and SDQBound like this.
Old Jun 7, 19, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Your focus seems to be on 12-13 July.
As mentioned above, this will not be a long week-end this year. When a long week end, it is extremely busy because school holiday typically start a few days before and working parents take advantage of it to fly their kids.
The best indication for you is to look at the loads on PVG-CDG-YUL.
EF indicates that the flights still sell fairly cheap fare buckets.
Old Jun 7, 19, 8:23 am
Original Poster

In France when the national holiday is a Sunday (or Saturday) , the worker can not take this "day off" the Friday or the Monday ?
Old Jun 7, 19, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

In France when the national holiday is a Sunday (or Saturday) , the worker can not take this "day off" the Friday or the Monday ?
No.

Search this Thread