FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on Travelling with children
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:22 pm
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
I can tell you what I did when travelling with my kids, I do the following:

1) the night before make sure the kids are well rested and fed
2) They receive ice cream and plenty of sugar candy, I suggest Boston Creme doughnuts prior to boarding the plane
3) Because of the noise of the aircraft, kids have toys that make loud sounds so they can hear the noise and be entertained
4)They bring onboard with them, toys that they can play with other passengers like balls, ring toss, float planes
5)Neuf bats are always fun on planes as they can practice with Neuf balls and fellow passengers can also get involved
6)To encourage kids to learn to be more independent and fully allow their creativeness to come out, sit several rows away from the kids so they are on their own

I learned that you get to meet and get to know a lot more people when you follow these easy six-step program
I read point 1 and thought okay that makes sense, point 2 had me thinking what really? I soon came to realize this post was perhaps not entirely serious

Point 6 reminds me, friend and his wife and their two kids were sitting somewhere close to the front of Y a year or so back, due to WB FA said anyone want to move to the back? Apparently my friends had had never moved so fast. His wife was not amused

Perhaps more seriously food is an important one to consider. Different friend was flying J out and Y back on a long haul with their kid who was... 1-2 years old? They fed him something wrong and the kid ending up puking everywhere. Including over another pax very expensive shoes (not to mention both parents). They were not popular. Upon arrival he said okay that's it we're not doing that again in Y so they rang in to upgrade back to J. Walked into the plane for the return and puke shoe woman was there again Moral of this story is, there are good and bad things to feed kids. What they are I don't know but perhaps others do.