FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:02 pm
DaveMidknight

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Technically, your math doesn't meet their rules.

You can't search each night separately. You have to search both together. If the lower rate doesn't show when you search the consecutive nights together, tough.
I did a search for both nights together and it was just twice the price of the single nights. The reason why I also needed to search for a single night separately, was because the first night was already approved 5 weeks ago and I just needed an extra night, for which I send a new claim.
The agent was saying in his emails that he could find that a single night was lower, but not both nights together. Which was not correct! As it was on the Marriott and the competing website just twice the price of a single night.
That's what I pointed out to him.

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
The agent probably just had enough back and forth and just approved it, which is probably why you didn't even get a final approval reply to your exchange (they didn't want you to reply any further).
I don't think that the hotel would be pleased, if a claim just gets approved, because a agent didn't want to reply any further. Especially, if the agent is correct in his denial of the claim. Because from what I am told by a couple of hotels, every approved claim is quite expensive for the hotel.