FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC imposes 'no fly' ban, demands $18K from woman after ticket scam
Old Jun 6, 2019, 8:14 am
Genetk44

Originally Posted by pitz
I'd just quote from the original CBC article cited in post #1:

So at least its AC's allegation that there was circumstances involved beyond just the failure to tender payment. Or at least that's my read of it.
I would respectfully submit that that is not what AC is alleging if you read it in its entirity.....but they are trying to imply her buying the tickets the way she did are a breach or prohibited behaviour of their rules..rules that also cover “ any unusual hazard or behaviour”....if she did something that was hazardous you can bet they wouldn’t be so circumspect in their wording...its just wordgames by AC.

The November letter also cited Qian for "prohibited conduct" under the airline's tariff rule that covers "any unusual hazard or risk … to property."Air passenger rights activist Gabor Lukacs says that makes no sense — and banning Qian is beyond the power of a common carrier such as Air Canada.
"If someone was threatening to beat up the pilot or if someone was smoking in the lavatory, those are grounds for refusing to transport a passenger," says Lukacs. "But an airline cannot refuse to transport someone … just because they have a [financial] dispute with a person."