FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I complain?
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:50 am
azfanboy

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Should I complain?

I was in 1A on a red eye from PHX to EWR. I got up sometime during the flight and hit the call button, and waited a little while for the flight attendant to come by. No one did, at which point I noticed that the seat belt sign was on. So I shut the call button and went back to sleep.

Got up again after an hour and hit the call button. The seat belt sign was off at that point. No one came and I fell asleep. When I got up after a little while, I saw the call button still on and saw my seatmate looking visibly annoyed and asking me if he can shut the call button if I don't mind. He did not have a sleep mask on and the call button light can be surprisingly bright in a dark cabin. At this point I shut it off.

The only time I then saw the flight attendant was when we were getting ready for descent. I ordinarily would've written to United 1K, but the flight attendant was really nice and seemed well intentioned when I did see her, at the very start and very end of the flight.

I think feedback is really important but in this case would you say something to 1K?