FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ON THE ROAD AGAIN: Selling Postcards at Airline Collectible Conventions
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:48 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Woohoo another Seat 2A trip report.

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I’m a pretty simple creature, so if an airline has one hundred different movies and television shows on offer, I’m fine with that. There are quite a few people who get all excited about say - Emirates’ ICE or Cathay’s StudioCX – because they offer two or three times as many options. Honestly, there comes a point where it’s just overkill. I mean, let’s say this were a twelve hour flight. I’m probably going to sleep through five or six hours of it. During the flight I may be engaged in other distractions such as reading a book or roaming the internet via Wi-Fi or chatting with the crew or even putting in some work on my laptop. My point is that most of us would only have time to watch a couple movies – maybe three at the most – so if there are “only” 100 movies available to view as opposed to, say, three hundred, I reckon I’ll be fine regardless.
I'm glad some airlines have extensive selection of IFE. From here a simple return trip to Europe is typically around 48 hours flying + another few hours pre-departure. So can easily do 30 hours of movies in one trip. And sometimes have more trips before the IFE content changes.