FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC imposes 'no fly' ban, demands $18K from woman after ticket scam
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:36 pm
RangerNS

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Fiordland
We did. It is a well established manufacturer based in Canada with around 500 employees that has been around for decades. There A/P department was overwhelmed with the number of false transactions. In our case our people clued in that something was not correct with the odd wording on the PO, the weird destination, so we never shipped any thing, however it sounded like there many other companies that did.

Here money ended up in CaptainCools bank account via whatever payment process she used. There has to be a financial trail. If I was Air Canada I would be far more interested in finding and stopping Captain Cool, than this lady.
CaptianCool is CaptianCool17 by now, having been shut down 16 other times. I suspect AC wants all business to be direct, and for sure wants the grey market to be gone. Quietly sniping off a single player helps that goal not even a little bit.

Originally Posted by pitz
I used the example of the unlimited multi-month flight passes because they are an example of AC retail customers being able to enter into contracts with AC that involve an ongoing obligation and are not fully "pay first".

I just think its scary, even for 'average' customers who may be working for an employer on shaky financial grounds, if indeed, AC is able to use denial of future (fully-paid) service to an individual as a form of recourse against non-payment. A fly a bunch on AC for a mining company that stops paying its AC flight pass bills, and you get denied when you try to take your own family to Florida for a vacation after you're terminated sort of deal.
I'll admit to having forgotten about flight passes. If it was a one-person flight pass, paid for (or not, here), by $JOB, then that is tricky. A group pool of credits? I would assume & hope that AC would just deny an individual from tapping into that locked-out pool.

But that hypothetical is just that. The details in this case are one person, a series of distinct transactions, no ongoing contractual relationship.