FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC imposes 'no fly' ban, demands $18K from woman after ticket scam
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:29 pm
JustSomeGuy1978

Programs: air miles
Originally Posted by pitz
I used the example of the unlimited multi-month flight passes because they are an example of AC retail customers being able to enter into contracts with AC that involve an ongoing obligation and are not fully "pay first".

I just think its scary, even for 'average' customers who may be working for an employer on shaky financial grounds, if indeed, AC is able to use denial of future (fully-paid) service to an individual as a form of recourse against non-payment. A fly a bunch on AC for a mining company that stops paying its AC flight pass bills, and you get denied when you try to take your own family to Florida for a vacation after you're terminated sort of deal.
I think the difference here is that your company has stopped paying it's bills vs a charge back from the credit card company. And presumably AC is contacting everyone imaginable at your company to collect payment. And presumably you book your family travel through a separate TA.