FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Extra ("ExtrAA") Program (master thread)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:34 am
natemoore12

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Welcome to FT. I haven't used the BE online booking tool much, but when I tried it it seemed very clunky. You can always search availability at aa.com for a normal AAdvantage award, put on hold whatever you see that works, then call Meeting Services to book it using your BE certificate.

And yes, as BX6B's require sAAver space in business class on AA metal to/from Europe, they've become very hard to use, especially if you're looking for a route like LHR-LAX. sAAver space in busines on AA longhaul flights is somewhat of a unicorn, although with flexibility you should be able to find something. I've seen a decent amount of space from ZRH and AMS, for example.
Thanks! I’m a long time lurker actually. Appreciate the quick reply. It actually wouldn’t be so clunky if it displayed information that was correct...I tried going through the steps for a partner award for instance and everything was working as expected. I was perhaps overly optimistic that it was finding some magic availability that wasn’t available on aa.com.

I’ve got a bunch of Expert Flyer alerts set up so hopefully something pops up before December when the first certificate expires.