FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Extra ("ExtrAA") Program (master thread)
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:27 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by natemoore12
Hi guys,

I live in the UK and am trying to find availability for LHR - LAX in April next year. Have a BX6B cert and enough points for a second. The new business.aa.com tool is indicating PlanAhead as available in Business on AA for the dates in the interstitial calendar and then when I click through shows nothing. I have tried many routings and I know this type is tricky to use. But is anyone else finding phantom space like this? Or is this an instance where I need to call?

Related: is it safe to say the 6Bs are nearly impossible to use? I can be flexible and don't mind another EU airport departure and any west coast airport for arrival...but I just don't see anything available from anywhere to anywhere for 04/2020.

Many thanks!
Welcome to FT. I haven't used the BE online booking tool much, but when I tried it it seemed very clunky. You can always search availability at aa.com for a normal AAdvantage award, put on hold whatever you see that works, then call Meeting Services to book it using your BE certificate.

And yes, as BX6B's require sAAver space in business class on AA metal to/from Europe, they've become very hard to use, especially if you're looking for a route like LHR-LAX. sAAver space in busines on AA longhaul flights is somewhat of a unicorn, although with flexibility you should be able to find something. I've seen a decent amount of space from ZRH and AMS, for example.