FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight Passes
Thread: Flight Passes
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:23 am
highupinthesky

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by jerjeffr
Of course wearing a competitors uniform onboard is quite silly and rude, nevertheless would make sense if he was just going to visit her in Rome/Nice/etc. where his FA spouse had their overnight or the like.
It does not make sense to me that anyone flies in competitors uniform on free tickets. I've seen SK staff flying in civil clothes when they are no on duty, like a couple of months ago where I was standby on a delayed flight from ARN to CPH (boarding system down). While waiting to see if there where space, a guy dressed in civil cloths came up to the desk and told the staff, that he was suppose to be co pilot on this flight. He asked for permission to go onboard and talk to the captain whether he or the reserve co pilot should do the flight. Long story short they agreed he should do the flight, so off he went to change clothes, and 15 min. later he were back wearing his SK uniform. The suitcase he had with him wasn't much larger than the normal suitcase any short haul pilots always have with them.

IMHO there are no excuse for flying in competitors uniform on free tickets. It's outright disrespectful and will only cause you trouble.