FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris CDG / Charles de Gaulle checkin, transit, connection and related questions
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:59 am
Dallas49er

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by petteriusa
Hello all!

I'm transiting CDG next week (MIA-CDG-HEL) and have a couple of questions. I'll be, presumably arriving at 2A and departing out of 2D. It looks like the Cathy Pacific lounge is in 2A will I have easy access to this once I clear customs and immigration there? I'll have almost three hours pending things running on time.

I've never transited through CDG before, anything to take note of. I've browsed through here but mostly older posts so wondering if anything has changed. The official terminal maps leave a little to be desired with not much detail on the air-side of things or transit instructions.

Thank you!
Yes, you will arrive in 2A. Unfortunately, the AC (one of the best on the planet) and the CX lounge are on the airside of 2A, so unless you are transiting to HEL in 2A, you will have to clear customs and immigration, and then transfer to the terminal of your connection. Never having transited CDG, I’m unsure whether there is a shuttle or not. You will have to reclear security. Beware if you are on AF, your carry-ons, more than likely, will be weighed and size-wised together. If over weight and/or too big, 1 bag will be checked, or you won’t fly.

In any case, AC and CX lounges will not be available. Sorry.