FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hassle-free to claim Krisflyer miles for bookings with Star Alliance airlines
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:22 am
Marslee

Hassle-free to claim Krisflyer miles for bookings with Star Alliance airlines

Originally Posted by Marslee
Hi Fellow Travellers,

Just to share that it is more tedious to claim missing Krisflyer miles retrospectively for direct booking with Star Alliance airlines, e.g. Lufthansa and Swiss Air although the Krisflyer membership number was provided to the partner airlines during the bookings. When claiming the missing miles in Krisflyer account, it was rejected due to booking class in Swiss Air is not eligible for miles claim and I have to write in to Krisflyer customer service to check further and enquire why the miles earned was not captured automatically after taking the flight and have to go through troublesome and time consuming processes.

It is proven that booking of flights with Star Alliance airlines through a third party online booking platform will save the above-mentioned trouble and regardless of issue on different booking class with the Star Alliance airlines. I had booked a short flight from DKK to ZRH with Swiss Air through a third party online booking platform, Expedia in last year's May and the miles was credited to my Krisflyer account immediately after the flight. Recently I have alos booked return flight for my sister to ZRH through Expedia due to lower price compared to direct booking with Singapore Air and Swiss Air. Guess what? My sister received the miles earned immediately after her trip even she has the same booking class for her in-flight from SIN to ZRH.

If this is the case, wouldn't it be hassle-free and wonderful to book flights with Star Alliance Airlines through a third party booking platform while I still pay the same or cheaper fare and get the miles earned as a traveler?

Cheers.
Hi there, just to clarify that what I have been sharing is on air miles claim benefit through purchase of air ticket with third party online booking platform, i.e. eligible booking class was given with same airfare amount was being paid, compared to direct booking with the respective Star Alliance airlines.

I didnt even discuss on hotel booking, did I? Not sure why user "xiaotung" in the 2nd thread has the impression that I mentioned about hotel booking. Hopefully "xiaotung" was not taking side of the respective airlines and trying to confuse the readers of the forum.