FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - That loud housekeeping bang on the door that startles you awake
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:08 pm
IWontRegretThis

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The first things I do after entering a hotel room are to unplug the alarm and unplug the phone.
I have had to start doing this... Like if I put up the DND sign It means I do not want to be distrubed, not "please check on me a few hours later to see if I still want service". Have had this happen to me at a local motel type hotel all the way up to the W hotel in HK at a plat... just rediculous.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The problem is that despite a DND sign, in many hotels housekeepers pound on the door anyway. When one answers and points to the DND sign (still highly visible on the doorknob from the hallway), they just shrug and don't even apologize. It's disgusting and extremely annoying. If this is the hotel policy, the policy should be published rather than the hotel just supplying DND signs *as if* they will be honored by stuff.
This. I dont remember anything about any hotel's policy OR DND signs saying they were... "optional" lol.