Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

That loud housekeeping bang on the door that startles you awake

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

That loud housekeeping bang on the door that startles you awake

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:57 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by JetAway
Well, this isn't making guests happy.
They do their jobs. they tried hard to keep guests happy. If you are not happy, stay somewhere else where you are not bothered...

It is not just Hyatt. This happens everywhere.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Unhappy

Originally Posted by easy_money
Understand your frustration and problem with it. Not to sound like a broken record, but it seems like you didn't have your DND sign up? I've never had a problem with housekeeping knocking when my DND sign is up, except in Vegas.
Currently at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati for 1 night. I was asked at check in if I would like to receive my 4pm late checkout and I said yes as I would be going to bed very late (5am or thereabouts). My DND sign was on the door and it was bolted. At 11:02am, housekeeping knocks loudly and fortunately I was already awake for a few minutes. I told her I have a 4pm late checkout and that is why I have the DND sign up, and she then looked at her list and replied “I didn’t know you had a late checkout. It’s already 11 o’clock.”

When I called the front desk to inform them that housekeeping just knocked and said she didn’t know I had a late checkout, the front desk said that they don’t usually inform housekeeping but she will let them know now.

To me, this goes contrary to the whole point of having a late checkout benefit if reception and housekeeping are not on the same page. You ask for it at reception but housekeeping has no idea. Housekeeping obviously has a printed guest list, so it can’t be that hard to add a note that room xxxx has a 4pm late checkout BEFORE the housekeeper gets her list for that day, even if it’s printed the night before.

Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ceebee100
To me, this goes contrary to the whole point of having a late checkout benefit if reception and housekeeping are not on the same page. You ask for it at reception but housekeeping has no idea. Housekeeping obviously has a printed guest list, so it can’t be that hard to add a note that room xxxx has a 4pm late checkout BEFORE the housekeeper gets her list for that day, even if it’s printed the night before.

Wish soon we'll have robot housekeeping at hotels. Americans are actually slow to adapt to new technologies.

Actually hotel robots probably cost more than the current housekeeping staff. A lot do not speak hotel language and some may not be permanent staff. So I do not get my expectations very high.

Last edited by RedSun; Jun 9, 2019 at 5:41 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
I typically tip housekeeping quite a bit. And I tip more if I have a late checkout. My tips run from $5 to $20 USD. Even in "poorer countries". However, when the "wakeup the guest" game is played, away goes the tip.
RedSun and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TravelStar
I typically tip housekeeping quite a bit. And I tip more if I have a late checkout. My tips run from $5 to $20 USD. Even in "poorer countries". However, when the "wakeup the guest" game is played, away goes the tip.
Or be ready to get bang'ed...
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:17 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
1. Deadbolt lock on
2. do-not disturb sign hung out
3. Cover the door peephole
4. lights off
5. noise cancelling headphones/earplugs as if you don't hear a thing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.