FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - That loud housekeeping bang on the door that startles you awake
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:19 pm
Boofer

Programs: UA 1K; VA Gold; QF Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; National ExecElite
That loud housekeeping bang on the door that startles you awake

So I was horribly delayed from a cancelled flight and forced to reroute myself to MCO due to weather in the NYC area. Knowing I'd be getting in very late with a 3-hour drive ahead of me, I decided to check into the MCO airport Hyatt. Got there around 4 am, went to my room and fell asleep straight away. Privacy lock was on, security bar was flipped shut. So I was startled awake at 0900 by loud rapping on the door, and I sat straight up in bed, thinking someone was banging down the door. To my annoyance, it was housekeeping. WHY? Why do they come around in the morning and pound on the door? They have in my record that I'll be checking out by noon - a time which I confirmed with the front desk when I checked in at 4am. Also, with the electronic locks, the workers' keycards don't work when the privacy lock is engaged. So pound on the door instead? Scare the daylights out of a sleeping guest? Since I was wide awake at that point, I got cleaned up, gathered my stuff, and checked out. Needless to say, I was not happy - mentioned this to the manager at the front desk and got the customary apology and some points for my trouble. But what I really want is someone to tell my why the hotel staff would ever be allowed to pound on the door of a sleeping guest, when there is clearly someone in the room and it is not past check-out time?