FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:39 am
Tinker25

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
7 Night Cert disappeared from my account

This can be interesting, I found out that my 7-night OC5 expiring Aug 2019 disappeared. Called Marriott, very nice agent, Jackie, put me on hold 20 minutes, came back apologizing not sure how it happened. She said a special case is open, hopefully it will be released back to me in 5 days. I had 2 separate free-nights stays at DC in mid April for 35000 pt / night, which I used two annual free nights cert for the two stays. It seems like that DC hotel attached my 7-night cert on 4/28 (after my stays) for nothing.

This raises some very interesting questions:

1) Can a hotel randomly use 7-night-cert without owner's awareness?

2) the DC hotel is 35000/night, I assume my category OC5 won't even allow it to attach to the hotel of that category, right? Or maybe it does, this OC5 can be attached to a 35000/night hotel going forward?

I asked Jackie this is very scary to have a cert hanging around, can I convert the OC5 to points? She said, you would loose a lot, you will only get back 5000pts.

Once I get the OC5 cert back, I will need to convert to NC4 by Mid August. Mine was Alaska TP. Is there a code for my old OC5 to feed (UK) agent when asking for conversion?

Jackie said that there has been some weird things she has seen lately. Yeah, I mentioned to her that my SO got double charged earlier this year, the only way the hotel can find any thing is by us providing the charge and our credit card #, there was absolutely no paper-trail otherwise they can find anything. Again, scary, we happen to caught the charge, else, we may never know for the few hunderd bucks gone

Last edited by Tinker25; Jun 3, 2019 at 11:45 am