FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight [xx] Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. on [date] 2019 (consolidated)
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:37 am
SeattleDavid

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by BA Baracus
Our flight AA195 LHR-PHX today was cancelled around T-9. How does one tell if it is due to MX? We are rebooked on a 1-stop itinerary via PHL and arrive 7 hours later than originally scheduled (although it departs only 45mins after our original non-stop flight). Are we eligible for EU compensation?
Looks like the plane came in on time from RDU, but then instead of going to PHX it went back to RDU an hour after it should have gone to PHX. There is no evidence of maintenance delays on that plane, so I suspect they made the choice to cancel PHX because it was easier to re-accomodate everyone – and the maintenance was being done on the originally intended RDU plane..

So, yes I think you should be very eligible for EU compensation - of course, who knows how hard you'll have to push. If you don't have time to fight it then consider Bott and Co (linked in a post just above mine) – they will take around 200 Euros per person if you win, but they will do all the work and charge you nothing if you don't win. I have a case with them that was very borderline eligibility but they took it on and now it is in the courts. It will take around 6 more months before I will know if I got any compensation or not (from a flight in January) but at least I don't have to craft letters and arguments or do anything at all.