FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same-day flight change fee waiver on DL for FB elites?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:11 am
ok986

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Same-day flight change fee waiver on DL for FB elites?

Hi all,

I thought this question is better suited for a FB forum than for a Delta forum, but feel free to move it.

As you know, Delta allows same-day changes at a moderate fee, and this fee is waived for their own Gold/Platinum/Diamond Medallions. In the past, Flying Blue Golds (I presume also Platinums, but I never reached that level ) could have the fee waived as well. As recently as in February, I asked nicely and had myself moved to an earlier domestic time, cutting the layover by four hours.

However, yesterday I tried to get myself on an earlier flight again and was told in no uncertain terms that despite my FF status, I would have to pay the fee. The check-in agent was quite surprised by this, she even tried calling "support team", but received no response. I was then asked to talk to the gate agent, who manually overrode the system at gate and moved me to an earlier flight.

So my question is: is Delta now charging officially Flying Blue elites the same-day change fee, or did I just hit a glitch?