FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B737MAX Recertification - Archive
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2019, 3:43 pm
mynolix

Programs: UA 1K, LH FT, Marriott Plat, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PPlus
I don't understand why people that are concerned and may be driven by their feelings are given answers based on facts. IME that has never worked. That seems to be happening in this thread quite a bit. Do you really expect everyone to be an aerospace engineer or pilot and then to base their decision on whether to fly it or not on facts?

I am an aerospace engineer myself who has never worked in that field (hence: just the theoretical knowledge without the experience in the area). Went straight to automotive. I do see a lot of customers in fear when they see news coverage of a car that burned to the ground. And what happens is, no matter how you try to explain or what you fix or scrutinize or how much you try to appease them, they will most likely switch to another brand - regardless of the actual circumstances which are normally just a sequence of unfavorable factor leading to those things (see MAX). The only things that's left here is to try and rebuild trust by never letting that happen again, and believe me, it takes time.

BTW: I sure do understand the physics behind flying - I wouldn't try to avoid the MAX by all costs - but for now I certainly prefer to be on another plane if possible. Same as with the 787 battery issues.

Just my 2 cents