FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor, Speculation: AAdvantage Program Devaluation 31 Jul 2019
Old May 31, 2019, 5:58 am
GunsOfNavarone

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I read something yesterday about changes to upgrades and not something favorable. Along with changes in SWU use I could see AA restricting fares that are eligible for upgrades and/or copays. It's where the US3 are headed and I guess someone has to be first.
If the rumor becomes fact, seems that benefits of airline loyalty becomes a non issue. I average eight flights per week, 40 weeks per year. With densification, it is already becoming unnecessarily stressful just to board a flight. Take away real/ tangible incentives to be loyal to one airline- not much reason to stay loyal to one program. I doubt it matters much in Chairman Parker's business model... He states he leads the "worlds largest airline", and with barriers to entry for startup airlines, he does not really need to provide tangible incentives for domestic flying road warriors...... He has my business either way.... as I have limited options to switch carriers.