FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread
Old May 30, 2019, 4:03 am
DaveMidknight

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Good luck
This is what I don't like after Marriott took over the BRG hotline. Why can't the agent who answers just check on his computer or cell phone and see the rate and approve or deny the claim by him/herself? Instead they insist we reply back on the email and wait another 14-24 hours. Sometimes the agents won't even respond lol if I reply back. I had someone who didn't want to check my claim lol and asked me to submit a whole new claim. Like, come on are you a salesman on provision or something?
So, here is the update! Yesterday, I replied to the denied claim, asking for a review and pointing to my approved claim. A couple of hours ago I got an updated reservation for my denied claim with an updated rate and the remark that it is now a "Best Rate Guarantee Rate". But I never got the approval mail or a reply to my mail requesting a recheck of my claim. Just the updated reservation! The rate was updated correctly, so I am happy with the outcome!

But it really leaves a bad impression of the agent denying my claim in the beginning. Because (and this is just my opinion) it looks like he cheated, when he denied my claim the first time. He even wrote the following, when he denied the claim:
One of my colleagues have spoken with website executive, who informed that confirmation email will send after 30 minutes of the booking.
And now I just get an updated reservation without any comment or reply. That also doesn't shine the best light on him, because I don't think that he would just changed the reservation, if he didn't knew my claim wasn't correct. And if a supervisor rechecked it and approved it, a short sorry email would also have been nice. Mistakes happen, we are all human!