FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Full Service Properties that Don't Comply with the Breakfast Benefit
Old May 29, 2019, 4:28 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I'm at the Sheraton Sydney right now and I chose restaurant breakfast in lieu of my welcome amenity. This hotel hands our breakfast cards to be redeemed each day. My cards clearly say:[continental breakfast]

Of course, the Sheraton gives me access to the full breakfast buffet, however, I'm not so sure that's what Marriott had in mind!

Well .... I don't know where this "continental breakfast" term comes from. Its not in the T&C for full service properties. Plus, having returned a few days ago for another week on the "continent," I don't remember seeing people there eat a roll, juice, and coffee for breakfast. Seems to me there was always cheese and meat to go with it, along with jam and honey ... and since I was at an RC and a LC, there were great spreads including American breakfast, English Breakfast, and the meats, cheeses, and fish that are normally part of a "continental" breakfast. But maybe they mean a different continent

But, I was also at the Phoenician recently, where I received a card for "continental breakfast" which was on the menu for $15 and was pretty basic. But ... they told me I had a $37.XX credit toward anything on the menu, which covered the excellent buffet, coffee, juice, and a little left over for a mimosa So, while they complied with the program, the card made me wonder at checkin that they were changing the rules.

And ... for your next trip, the Circular Quay lounge has a really nice spread out for breakfast and dinner.