FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF A380 upper deck disembarkation - LAX
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2019, 7:49 am
SDQBound

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak

same as described for LAX. Have in mind that immigration has become truly horrible for the last months at IAD. No more kiosks and the entire huge room is already full when you disembark from the AF flight. My last 2 visits in IAD : 2 hrs and 1h15 to go through
Originally Posted by DCJoe1
Ugh, that is awful and I would avoid Dulles like the plague if I had a substantive choice in international flights- but if you want overseas nonstops to the DC area it's pretty much your only option other than I think one BA flight (and a seasonal Condor flight to FRA). As US citizens with Global Entry I think we will thankfully be able to avoid most of that. The afternoon arrival rush at Dulles is no joke, especially for citizens of other countries.
A big madness indeed. I was told that the new Kiosks were going to be installed relatively soon. The problem is that the old ones were not in the best place and often the lines would go all the way to where they were placed.

I wouldn't mind using the other immigration area and going through security again, and then taking the train back to baggage claim, but they only run the moon buggies when there's a Star Alliance flight arrival and only allow connecting passengers to get in.