FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review: Traube Tonbach (Baiersbronn, Germany)
Old May 28, 2019, 2:10 pm
ngfan

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by Pausanias
...I think the two hotels are rather similar in terms of their dated accommodation and outstanding spa facilities.
Well, I think that sums it up very well.
Hotel Bareiss has the largest and best variety of any breakfast buffet I have ever experienced worldwide and both Tonbach's and Bareiss' many restaurants are good to outstanding. But the accommodation at both hotels (not to mention their self-conscious price points) gives me headaches, shivers and eye pain. That's were they lose their potential towards the younger clientele. A modern refurb would be desperately needed not only there but in many other places in the Black Forest to better attract well travelled, upscale short and long term staying guests. Although both properties would perfectly serve me as ideal weekend retreats with decent spas and good service in reasonable distance from my home, I avoid to stay there like the plague. Instead, give me the Atlantis in Zurich, Riva in Konstanz or Hotel Ueberfahrt in Rottach any day for overnight stays.

Last edited by ngfan; May 28, 2019 at 2:22 pm