FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2019, 7:46 am
tris06

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
By the way is it me or this hotel can be frustrating before even checking in?
I tried booking this hotel with my Australian visa debit card. It failed as they stated it must be a credit card. So I used my family's credit card.
I know it sounds silly not having a credit card but I don't live in Australia and so I don't feel it is a good thing managing an Australian credit card from China.
Also there are severe restrictions on getting a Chinese credit card due to being a foreigner the only possibility is using my wife to get a joint card but... she is not that keen on it.

Anyway one would have thought the visa debit card would have been okay considering that was the whole point of banks issuing a visa debit card that can be used for online transactions.
And anyway now after paying by credit card I am told their local bank needs the hotel to see the credit card presented upon check in. I think I will go mental if they cannot suggest something like a credit authorisation form from the card holder or something. I plainly told them to find a solution. I am happy to pay on check in if they need to refund the amount on the credit card. But will be pissed if they cancel my booking or charge me more etc. Sorry for the rant