FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with Pets on UA (In-Cabin or Cargo -- not ESA)
Old May 27, 2019, 3:24 pm
mycophagist

Programs: UA 1MM+ spouse
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't understand the need for three seats. It sounds unnecessarily expensive. Surely one pet container can go under daugher's seat and one extra seat for the second pet container will give lots of space.

Check UA rules regarding whether two cats can share one pet container.
One seat for my daughter, one seat for me and the empty middle so we don't have to deal with someone not happy about sharing a row with two cats since there's no guarantee that these cats are going to be happy cooped up in carriers for 8+ hours. Although they will be "medicated" it may not last the whole trip. And no, two cats would not fit in a carrier that fits under the seat.

Originally Posted by zombietooth
I have flown on the 752 with my 12 lb dog in a soft pet carrier and he fits fine underneath the window or middle. The aisle seat is narrower and a carrier would probably not fit there.

Good Luck and Welcome to Flyertalk!
I'm hoping that, yes, there will be space.
Originally Posted by fumje
Welcome to flyertalk!

You won't find any 737 on BOS-SFO because UA treats the route as a special class of service, as compared to other domestic flights. Under normal circumstances, they'll only fly an aircraft with lie-flat seats in front.

Unfortunately I don't have clear memories of the 752 underseat, but I do think the middle seat has approximately the same underseat storage as the window. Do you know the dimensions of the cat carriers? Then perhaps someone here can definitively confirm or refute that.

If it turns out you can't get the carriers both into the same row, I'd think you can have a relatively calm experience with you/daughter/extraseat booked row X middle/window and row X+1 window.
I've flown that route a bit in the last few years, but usually in the front so don't remember the underseat space in E or E+. I just hope that we don't find out when boarding, or actually on the plane, that we'll need to move around.
Originally Posted by onthesam
IIRC the middle seat may have a narrower underseat area due to IFE equipment.
Even if it's slightly smaller maybe we can encroach on space from the window or aisle to make it work.