FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with Pets on UA (In-Cabin or Cargo -- not ESA)
Old May 27, 2019, 8:37 am
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mycophagist
I’m in need of a little advice. My daughter is moving from Boston to San Francisco this summer and needs to fly with her two cats. I have already booked three seats: for her, me, xtra seat and the two cats on a non-stop flight on a 757-200. I did this by phone and the helpful agent got us window, middle and aisle in E+. All three seats and the cats are ticketed.

I just found that United said pets need to be booked on window seats on the 757-200 because of underseat space. Does anyone know if the two cat carriers can fit under the three seats together, or do I now need to drag her father along to get a window seat on the same flight?

I already looked to see if a 737 flies that route non-stop but apparently not anymore, or at least not on the date we need.

It’s a long flight and I’m trying to minimize stress on the cats as well as minimize annoying other passengers, so I’m really hoping we can fit both cats under the row of three.

I’m afraid if I call and ask, all the agent will do is look it up and say “nope – I’ll scatter your seats all over the plane…..”

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Welcome to flyertalk!

You won't find any 737 on BOS-SFO because UA treats the route as a special class of service, as compared to other domestic flights. Under normal circumstances, they'll only fly an aircraft with lie-flat seats in front.

Unfortunately I don't have clear memories of the 752 underseat, but I do think the middle seat has approximately the same underseat storage as the window. Do you know the dimensions of the cat carriers? Then perhaps someone here can definitively confirm or refute that.

If it turns out you can't get the carriers both into the same row, I'd think you can have a relatively calm experience with you/daughter/extraseat booked row X middle/window and row X+1 window.