FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Protection on separate oneworld tickets / PNR
Old May 26, 2019, 9:24 am
madrooster

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
A travel agent can indeed book segments on multiple carriers in one PNR, and ticketing can be done a the same time, or segments can be added later on and ticketed subsequently. However, it is not possible to "combine" bookings made in separate PNRs initially, whether booked on AA.com or by a TA.
So how do you explain a situation where I've had say for example an AA reservation and ticket in PNR A, moved to PNR B that already contains either other AA content, or non-AA content? I have done this multiple times for multiple people in both scenarios.

It sounds like you are on Sabre where it is much harder to do this (albeit possible if you know how to do it). The system I am using (Amadeus), makes it a piece of cake if I have airline authority/assistance to do the merge/move. As far as obtaining authority/assistance from the airline is concerned, the majority of carriers have given pre-approval to do it within a defined set of rules and as such it's not a situation where it's a case by case basis, it's a situation where if I say jump, they ask how high.