FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post Your Marriott Bonvoy Elite Upgrade Experiences 2019
Old May 25, 2019, 2:32 am
rhu171

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Property: Marriott Tang Plaza Singapore
Date(s): May 2019 (4 nights)
Room booked: Deluxe
Room received: Deluxe / Studio room
Elite Level: Platinum
Award stay: no
Rate Type: cheapest prepaid
LNF stay: no
SNAs redeemed: no
Comments: Was not upgraded pre-arrival, app showing the hotel as sold out on the 2nd of my 4-night stay. During check-in, casually mentioned to the staff that it was disappointing to receive no upgrade and a room on a low floor. Staff replied that the hotel was running full (consistent with what the app was saying), but promised she would keep an eye in case a better room opened up. I honestly didn't expect this to be followed up, so was surprised to received a message on the second night that they would like to move me to a better room the following day. The original room that they assigned me to was not bad at all and it was one of the two rooms that were larger than the others on the floor. The upgraded room was called Studio room, which is basically the same as a Deluxe room but with a separate work/study area, a larger bathroom, and a walk-in closet. Very happy with the upgrade, but was more impressed that they actually followed up on the promise to move me to a better room.