FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connection In Colombo
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2019, 8:59 am
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Los_Pepes
Thank you for the time spent helping me.

I think we are going to need to check bags in MLE for our Korean flight as I have little faith my wife would pack light enough for a 10 day trip to allow for a carry on.. I think we are going to need to enter Sri Lanka, collect our bags and check in to our next flight.
You might be surprised how much you can take on board. A wheeled cabin-sized case plus another, smaller carry-on, for each of you might be enough. If you are in business-class you might be able to manage more.

Maybe it's not the ideal way to travel, but the alternative you could put to your wife involves a very tense hour or so, with the possibility of being left behind, stuck with negotiating a change to flights/itinerary or possibly having to buy new tickets.

The most likely outcome is that you'll get through on time ......though not without working up a sweat I would certainly let the airline know of your tight connection: they might just shrug, but sensitising them to your predicament can't hurt - and, who knows, they might assist you getting over the hurdles.

Of course, if you haven't already bought the tickets, or have changeable reservations, a later flight, or a night in Colombo, would be other solutions.....