FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Amex partnership ideas
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2019, 6:00 pm
kylelenk

I think it’s important to look at the strengthening of non-Delta Amex MR cards and how that could impact those forecasted revenues. With the opportunity to earn 5x on Airfare, 4x on dining, and 4x on groceries, it leaves the opportunity for a tremendous amount of MR -> SkyMiles conversions.

As for for a few features that I’d like to see from Delta Amex Cards:

1) Replace the shuttered SPG crossover rewards with something for elites and Amex FHR.
2) Copy Marriott’s points advance. This would prompt people to use the card more often if they’re taking out SkyMiles loans.
3) CLEAR membership discounts or included at Reserve level.
4) Lock-solid travel insurance for the Reserve card. There are very few reasons for the average to hold a Reserve over a Platinum. Travel delay insurance.
5) Reserve card holders get 2 free guests at SkyClub.
6) Need to re-think the priority boarding benefit in light of recent boarding process changes.

Finally, they need to figure out the parity between the Blue and Gold cards. Blue has stronger earning capabilities than Gold, but you get the benefit of a free checked-bag on the Gold. I find their equality to be very confusing from a brand standpoint.

I reiterate, they need to find features that would force Platinum cars holders to also hold Reserve cards. If the benefits were better, I would without blinking.