FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To CDG on 77W/LHR or 332/PHL
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2019, 4:49 pm
HofstraJet

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Oh, really just more of an inside joke/running gripe of mine. The BA lounge in PHL is very hit-or-miss about accepting non-BA travelers (AA premium pax and OW elites). Sometimes they are fine with it, per OW rules, and other times they will turn you away, citing "capacity" when the place won't be filling up for another couple hours.

It's not a very exciting lounge to begin with (Centurion is best, and the giant old US club is not bad at all either - in fact, it's far better if what you want to do is work, since you have to love those old US work cubicles), but I just dislike the principle of them taking the liberty of selectively complying with their membership in the alliance. There are a couple threads on it (including my gripes).

I think that overall, I've gotten let in more often than not with an AA J pass (though just barely so), so if you're intrigued, give it a try - does not hurt to ask!
I like poking the bear. Will definitely give it a shot and see what happens. Does OWE status matter, or does just the J ticket get me in? I'm OWE Emerald, so if anything that should help.