FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Restored! -- book WN w/ UR pts via Chase/Expedia phone call
Old May 22, 2019, 10:43 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by mrkymark
Wonder what other folks think of this idea...

If I just make a high value dummy booking, say value of $600, then cancel it *after* 24hrs and get TTF, I could then just feed off of those TTF's to make future online bookings on the Southwest website without the need to call Chase UR at least for $600 worth of flights.

The only caveat to this as I understand is that the TTFs are locked with a 1 year expiration from the date that the ticket was initially booked.
But as long as I'm confident that I'll use the funds (*and* must complete travel by) the 1 year anniversary date - this should make booking tickets much more palatable, right?
I did this with Cit points. Book an Anytime fare if you want. When you cancel you have the option to select Refund or Travel Credit. Choose the Travel Credit and you have ticketless funds you must fly within a year of the original purchase.