FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt - Globalist Experiences [Tier Suite Upgrades]
Old May 22, 2019, 5:06 am
TerryK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lamont2718
.........First reservation: Phone agent confirmed suite upgrade and issued email confirmation showing upgraded suite while still on the phone. However, the email confirmation alarmingly showed the full cash rate (standard rate) for the suite - not the originally booked base room. 1 hour after the call, I received a new email confirmation showing the upgraded suite at the original rate for the base room.

Second reservation: Phone agent confirmed suite upgrade and issued email confirmation showing original room type while still on the phone. "Preferences and Policies" section includes "SUITE UPGRADE AWARD", and the "Cancellation Policy" section includes "Additional Information: SUITE UPGRADE CONFIRMED". However, no mention of which suite type - which matters because this property has two types of standard suites. No new emails as of 24 hours later.

Third reservation: Phone agent confirmed suite upgrade, but no email confirmation during call or after. When viewed in the Hyatt app, the reservation shows the original room type with no mention of the suite upgrade anywhere. The agent assured me the upgrade was confirmed and that an "offline team" (perhaps this new resorts and luxury department?) would send me an email confirmation within 72 hours..........
I actual have experienced all three types as described. My take:

Type 1 is, mostly for domestic properties, when agent can change room type in system then make rate adjustment.

Type 2 is for international properties.

Type 3 is for international properties when suite can only be confirmed by calling subject property during business hours.

I wish Hyatt has a more consistent process.