FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Program Details for M&B
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2019, 4:45 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
How can you tell there was an 80 to 90 minute Gap? Flights are only credited to the DAY they took place (and usually added a day or two later), not to a specific time. Usually there is actually a two to three day gap between these two events, not 80 to 90 minutes! In my case my account was upgraded from Silver to Gold three days after the qualifying flight was taken. Although I believe this situation has been improved somewhat now, there is usually at least a day gap where you could take a points-earning flight and receive zero award miles (I did!). It doesn't seem fair but that's how it is.

If you observed a 1.5hr gap between your qualifying flight being credited and your status changing that wouldn't make any difference at all. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?
I wasn't referring to specific flight times.

There was an 80-90 minute gap in between:

1. the time of the tier's threshold-crossing flights/tier mile-purchases being credited annd showing up on the accounts online as transactions

and

2. the time where those accounts got the card upgrade processed and became Gold as visible online.

During that window of time, the tier mile tracker for qualification/requalification seemed off in a ways and the account upgrades to Gold had not yet taken place.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 22, 2019 at 4:52 am