FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Definitive "Booking Japan Airlines (JL) Using AS Miles" Thread - 2019 and Earlier
Old May 21, 2019, 12:00 pm
skimthetrees

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by makrxx

Ahh...makes sense. But it still wouldn’t be possible to do KIX - HND/NRT - SIN I’m guessing? So taking 1 more domestic flight covered by this itienary as opposed to arranging transportation to HND/NRT.

Many thanks.
Definitely possible to do KIX-NRT-SIN. Also ITA-HND-SIN (Itami is the domestic Osaka airport). You can use meta search code OSA for Osaka (KIX or ITM).

I think what you want to do is possible now but not possible 100% online.

If you want to stop in Tokyo. Book the 6/26 LAX-TYO (via LAX-KIX-NRT). Call in immediately after booking (within 24 hours for a free change) and tell them you want to add TYO-SIN a couple of days later. They should have no problem doing it and there should be no change fee but 5k extra miles to go to SIN plus maybe some extra taxes. Call back to try a different agent if the first won't do it. If you cannot find an agent to do it then cancel for free within 24 hours (although I don't know if you get the partner booking fee back).

If you want to stop in both Tokyo and Osaka you can do that online. Book multi-city 6/26 LAX-KIX, a couple of days later TYO-SIN. Take the Shinkansen between Osaka and Tokyo.

If you want to stop in Osaka this might be a little harder to get done in the current situation. Maybe try booking multi-ctiy 6/26 LAX-KIX, 6/29 TYO-SIN, then call in within 24 hours and tell them you want to leave Japan from KIX and to add a KIX-TYO flight to TYO-SIN?