FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gripe/Rant: Lounge breakfast in the US
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2019, 11:43 pm
59Impala
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Similarly, I was at a nice Hyatt, and the lounge provided an "evening service", and all it was was two hot items, some cold cuts, veggies, bread, and only one option for dessert.

Seriously, if you were going to a restaurant, that would not be acceptable. I do not understand why Hyatt cannot hold their lounges to a minimum standard of at least one beef entree (preferably a filet, but I'll settle for a ribeye since its free), one seafood dish, one chicken dish, and one vegetarian meal, and I would expect at least four or five dessert options.

What is the point of having a lounge offering, if I'm going to just go to a real restaurant to have the meal I want?
the evening offerings in the lounge are typically hors d'oevres, i.e. appetizers. Never meant to be a dinner like in a restaurant. Some lounges do offer this (e.g. GH Tampa Bay in the US, and tons of hotels outside the US), but it is not a benefit for Globalists to have a "dinner option" in the lounge