Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Gripe/Rant: Lounge breakfast in the US

Gripe/Rant: Lounge breakfast in the US

Old Jun 18, 19, 10:37 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gspurr View Post
I'm a "Globalist" whose majority of stays are in Asia. Whenever I stay at a Hyatt in North America I'm always pretty shocked by the meagre breakfast offerings in the lounge compared to Asia. I do understand that the lounge is not the same as a full service restaurant, but surely Hyatts can do better than breakfast offerings that are so heavy on the carbs. At least half of the offerings are breads, pastries and cereal. A bit more protein would be nice.
Carbs and sugar are my main conplaints in NA. I guess Hyatt gets their wish that I go to their hotels that give a full restaurant breakfast.
ceebee100 and NJNY like this.
Old Jun 20, 19, 10:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
It is almost as though we all have different preferences and needs from the lounge...go figure.

During the work week, I am not much of a breakfast eater and prefer to sleep in for as long as possible before heading off to a client. If anything, I'll grab a banana or bagel from the lounge on the way out.

However, I do greatly value the ability to grab drinks/water/snacks from the lounge at anytime during the day. I'm also a night owl, so I like doing the early hors d'oevres/appetizers in the lounge and then having a late dinner.

So, without a lounge, the "breakfast benefit" is essentially lost on me unless I happen to have no early morning meetings. I'm not going to get up early to have a full breakfast that I don't really want, and swinging through a restaurant to just grab a banana and bagel is harder than it sounds and certainly takes longer than grabbing it from the lounge. Then, I'm buying $2.75 sodas in the giftshop or wandering around looking for a convenience store. I don't normally order dessert with dinner, but when I get back to the room, I like having the ability to wander to the lounge to get a cookie or a small slice of something sweet.

Some here purposely avoid Hyatts with lounges, while I purposely avoid Hyatts without lounges.

Different strokes for different folks.
steve64 and eponymous_coward like this.
Old Jun 21, 19, 10:31 pm

Programs: AS-MVPG75K / HHonors-Diamond / Hyatt - Exploroist
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant View Post
It is almost as though we all have different preferences and needs from the lounge...go figure.....

....Some here purposely avoid Hyatts with lounges, while I purposely avoid Hyatts without lounges.

Different strokes for different folks.
Ha Ha. Of all my years on FT, I've decided I must the only one with this "backwards" mentality.
Not a morning person. I just wanna grab something and go (typically back to the room). The absolute last thing I want to do in the morning is sit in a restaurant type environment, waiting for my food. Lunch is my main meal and in the evening, typical lounge fare along with a couple glasses of wine suit me just fine.
Granted, I'm not a business traveler with meetings to go to. I'm traveling on my own dime & time. I'll take the lounge please
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jun 22, 19, 7:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Amb, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by HMPS View Post
The only reason to offer full b/fast would be if a competitor offers it !
..Or to position the chain for the time which in all probability is only months away when hotel occupancy takes a nose-dive as the US economy contracts. In all likelihood it's not like we're talking a 2+yr window and so not something shareholders would invest in.