FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gripe/Rant: Lounge breakfast in the US
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2019, 6:54 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't really consider that a hot breakfast. I saw whatever that egg thing was. I did not notice the oatmeal but they may have had it.

What you have described is standard for many HRs. I don't consider that an acceptable breakfast offering. If you went to a restaurant and those were the only hot offerings, you would probably not be pleased -- I don't see why the lounge standard should be lower.

Anyway I'm done ranting -- other than this, the hotel was amazing and I don't want to focus on the negative. I've already booked a return trip, so it's certainly not a deal breaker. For 20k pts this truly is a great value (I just booked for 20k when the rate was 569 + taxes). I think that this is a problem at many US HRs -- nothing in particular about this one.

I just think it would be nice if Hyatt would set the same standard for lounge breakfast that they do for restaurant breakfast. All else being equal, it seems best to avoid hotels with lounges as globalist. The lounges are supposed to be a value-add... instead they are the opposite.