FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - In First - Meal given to another passenger
Old May 19, 2019, 9:51 am
IAMORGAN

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by London21
Doesn’t surprise me.

Generally the ability of BA crew is terrible. Mix the usually laziness they display with lack of ability and this is what you get.

in this case it’s a issue of laziness not to check the order and then the lack of IQ to fix it
I think that’s harsh.

This could have been caused by something as simple as a crew member noting down the wrong seat number, or if the pax came to the galley to order, getting passengers mixed up, to something more complex. But as far as I’m aware, all of us make mistakes sometimes.

Quite how this could have been fixed once the meal had been eaten is beyond me if another wasn’t loaded. They did try to find something else but the OP said he had allergies and by now was probably feeling quite annoyed!

From the description, it sounds like the CSM could have handled it better (quite what they were ‘busy’ in Club doing 6h40 into the flight I don’t know but there could have been other issues). For instance, the OP said he was given 6.5k Avios but I think the CSM could instead have ticked a box to say he couldn’t resolve the issue on board so will CR please contact the customer to discuss a resolution. It doesn’t sound like that was discussed but maybe the CSM thought 6.5k was sufficient.

It would be nice for any [First] customer to be proactively contacted by CR after an onboard resolution anyway a few days later - it would make people feel valued and would allow BA to measure how well SCCMs are resolving issues onboard.