FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Catering delay - is food required?
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2019, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by tracon
Nothing says catering can't be done in house.
Given AC's OTP I wouldn't be so sure of that

Unless the person responsible for ordering meals hasn't figured out the flight is now operated by a two cabin a/c.
How big is the catering ask though on these regional flights? IIRC on flights of this length, J cabin passengers are served a pairing of grapes, crackers, cheese and perhaps a bottle of red. Worse case offer them BoB unless it's also the BoB items that weren't catered either. In which case a 10 minute trek to Relay should do the trick

There is no evidence it was crew meals that weren't ordered. It would be faster for the crew to walk into the terminal, order and expense the meal to the employer.
Whenever there's a catering issue it takes time to clean up the mess so to speak. Word has to travel down the chain of command and the kitchen is who knows how many clicks away from the plane being catered. That being said, I've heard of other airlines who shall remain nameless but let's just say have a Unified strategy for handling this : ask the passengers if they want catering or want to arrive to their destination on time. For a trip this short I suspect many wouldn't mind forgoing the stale dates if it meant getting to see their loved ones an hour earlier.