FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confusing Service by Expedia
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2019, 6:59 pm
lars747

Programs: United 1K, Marco Polo Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Angry Confusing Service by Expedia

Is Expedia a travel agency, I am thinking not after having bought 2 separate rt tickets Gum-Hkg and Hkg-Cdg from Expedia, The first leg United was delayed due to technical issues on Guam so I sent a note to my assistant to inform Expedia I might not make the AF connection in HKG and to please inform AF i was going to be late in from Guam. She called in to Expedia whom did only inform her that I should go to the AF counter when I get in. Problem was I did not arrive until the flight left and AF whom had not heard from Expedia or United that I was delayed said they had to post my ticket as a no show and for me to buy a new ticket to CDG. AF Delta customer service really tried to help me but they could not book on the next flight since it showed I had missed the flight in HKG. Most of the time I fly the different airlines talk to each other if they have delays and I am very disappointing with the service Expedia gave me, I had to buy a new rt on Qatar the following day. In addition I had informed United I would connect to the AF flight when I checked in on Guam.