FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Afternoon tea....without any tea
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2019, 2:34 pm
Andriyko

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
I’m pretty sure the image of the receipt upthread has a price for Afternoon Tea

Just to make sure I got this right - people first ask what the receipt will say and then order? The menu says what it says. I honestly have not met a person who orders on the basis of a receipt.

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

As I pointed out in post 26, they absolutely do advertise a price for ‘afternoon tea’.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31094402-post26.html

A. We're talking about the printed BoB menu. B. What BA advertises on the website clearly states what's included. So, it is once again a matter of people assuming, not paying attention and being confused. Not really the same as misleading. Many of us here accepted that if one does not bother to read the menu or what's included it can be confusing if they only get a scone. No argument there,

Originally Posted by strickerj
You're putting us on here now, aren't you? There's simply no other explanation in light of the menu, the press release, and the receipt...
The menu lists a scone for GBP5. Yes, you are right, there is no other explanation. What press release? What receipt? One orders from the menu. There is no other offer to buy but what the menu says. The menu is very specific, but some here are trying to bring out the press release or the receipt as a way to justify that BA is actually offering afternoon tea. Suit yourself of course.

Last edited by Andriyko; May 16, 2019 at 2:50 pm Reason: Spelling