FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Afternoon tea....without any tea
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2019, 1:18 pm
Andriyko

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by passy777
Would this be deemed a 'Fish Supper' in BA speak?

Nice looking fries!^ Taking cue from how BA lists the scone I doubt that they would call it 'fish & chips', so I guess the fries would be listed just as fries, and I am not sure why would anyone expect fish as well.
BA de-bundled afternoon tea, perhaps, they'll be the first to de-bundle fish and chips as well, but as long as they list it correctly on the menu I am not sure what the harm is.

Originally Posted by cosmo74
To me, afternoon tea should consist of at least some finger sandwiches, a scone with jam and clotted cream and some tea, and ideally at least one type of cake. If all that they are offering is the scone, jam and cream, then it's nowhere close to being afternoon tea and very misleading.

Since BA does not offer or advertise a price for afternoon tea, it is no surprise that whatever afternoon tea one can build from the three positions in that menu does not really amount to afternoon tea in some people's minds. The three items are not misleading, it's just that the afternoon tea menu has a very limited selection.