FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choosing a seat in new suites
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2019, 6:39 pm
sqyf

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by solomita
I've been reading reviews about the seats in new suites, but it's hard for me to visualize. It seems like it makes a big difference which row I choose.

I like looking out the window during takeoff and landing. It seems like row 1 doesn't allow looking out the window while facing forward. Do both rows 2 and 3 allow one to look out? Is the seat so far enough away from the window that I won't be able to see out (and down towards land/sea)? Is row 3 really much different/smaller vs row 2?

Thanks!
-- Ethan
Hi Ethan! 1A/1F suites appear to be marginally larger than row 2 and 3, however all the suites are large. You have quite a decent view out of the windows from the row 1 Suites.

Here is a picture of the view from 1F, taken while seated after take-off from SYD.

A few more pictures of the new SQ A380 Suites in seat 1F on the SYD-SIN sector in a TR here (Link to external SQTalk site), and some pics of row 2 and 3 suites as well, so you can judge for yourself what the view is out the window, and the relative sizes of the Suites.