Choosing a seat in new suites

Old May 15, 2019, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Choosing a seat in new suites

I've been reading reviews about the seats in new suites, but it's hard for me to visualize. It seems like it makes a big difference which row I choose.

I like looking out the window during takeoff and landing. It seems like row 1 doesn't allow looking out the window while facing forward. Do both rows 2 and 3 allow one to look out? Is the seat so far enough away from the window that I won't be able to see out (and down towards land/sea)? Is row 3 really much different/smaller vs row 2?

Thanks!
-- Ethan
Old May 15, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Yes row 1 view out of the window is harder because it has fewer windows. Row 2 has more windows but as with all rows there is a gap between window and chair. On take off, you face the front and not facing the window at all. I've never done row 3 but done row 1 and 2 many times. I still don't have a hard preference between row 1 or 2 yet.
HawaiiO likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:10 pm

Is Row 1 much bigger in size than Row 2?
It it noticeable?

Tks!
Old May 15, 2019, 2:26 pm
THR

Row 1 is definitely bigger, but they’re all very sizeable, so I’m not sure it really matters.

1A/2A can interconnect/form a double bed.

I’ve only flown 1A (partner had 2A). Hopefully will have the same on our next suites (NRT) if the aircraft is switched.

HawaiiO likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by solomita
I've been reading reviews about the seats in new suites, but it's hard for me to visualize. It seems like it makes a big difference which row I choose.

I like looking out the window during takeoff and landing. It seems like row 1 doesn't allow looking out the window while facing forward. Do both rows 2 and 3 allow one to look out? Is the seat so far enough away from the window that I won't be able to see out (and down towards land/sea)? Is row 3 really much different/smaller vs row 2?

Thanks!
-- Ethan
Hi Ethan! 1A/1F suites appear to be marginally larger than row 2 and 3, however all the suites are large. You have quite a decent view out of the windows from the row 1 Suites.

Here is a picture of the view from 1F, taken while seated after take-off from SYD.

A few more pictures of the new SQ A380 Suites in seat 1F on the SYD-SIN sector in a TR here (Link to external SQTalk site), and some pics of row 2 and 3 suites as well, so you can judge for yourself what the view is out the window, and the relative sizes of the Suites.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Row 1 on take off you face a wall that is quite close to you... I find it a little restrictive when compare to row 2. Row 2 is more space in front of you in the take off / landing position.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

All the reviews I've seen have focused on rows 1 and 2. Can anyone compare 2 and 3, especially with regards to take off seat position?

Thanks!
-- Ethan
Old May 18, 2019, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by solomita
All the reviews I've seen have focused on rows 1 and 2. Can anyone compare 2 and 3, especially with regards to take off seat position?

Thanks!
-- Ethan
2 and 3 were very similar to no different.

if you want to view take off and landing, pick either row 2 or 3.
Old May 18, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
I've flown in both rows 1 & 3. When I flew in row 1 I really didn't like the wall being so close to me during take off and landing as noted by bagold. I didn't notice any difference in space between rows 1 and 3 and when I flew in row 3 I wasn't disturbed by any noise from the galley.

If I fly again I'll be opting for row 3.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:05 am

Interesting, I'm flying suites later this year, will def rem to take row 2/3.
Old May 24, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
See here o/h of 6 R layout - I would avoid Row 1 if at all possible as it can feel like your snout is literally pressed against TV screen at take-off and landing - 2A/2F are the prime Suites IMHO as you may score the double if nobody takes up the Row 1 suite.

Last edited by Cruiser Elite; May 24, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.