FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dallas to boston - do dal or dfw?
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2019, 4:18 pm
formeraa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ecaarch
Depending on the OP's location in the Dallas area, one airport may be more convenient than the other. I personally like flying into and out of DAL. It isn't complicated, and the new terminal is actually pretty nice (if somewhat crowded at times). There are a lot of food options, especially for a 20-gate (+/-) airport.

The OP alluded to concerns about connecting at ATL. One hour is def a reasonable connection time at ATL. Although the airport is huge and crowded, it is laid out logically (it's just a series of parallel shoeboxes) and there are underground trains between the shoeboxes (concourses) that run every two minutes.Easy Peasy!
Well, ATL is laid out well. Someone at ATL has foresight back in the 70s to design it for connecting flights and they had the space to build the new terminals while operating out of the old terminals. DFW was not designed for the mega-hub carriers, but more for local traffic as was common in the late-60's designs. That said, if I were flying DFW/DAL-BOS for a long weekend, I would try my best to find a nonstop flight.