FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked when Platinum Pro, flying as Gold
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2019, 6:56 am
teemuflyer

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by trekker954
I booked CDG-MIA #63 in December as a PPro. I am flying as a Gold on that booked flight in two weeks. I actually booked a saver coach at 30K and was able to select a MCE bulkhead 17L. I had an alert set up for a saver in business but it never appeared. There appear to be only 12 open seats but I'm not hopeful and not sure I want to plunk down another 100000+ for an anytime business seat. But My main question is, am I to understand that I will received the airport benefits of WHEN I booked, so as a Platinum Pro, I will get two checked bags fee waived? What about priority boarding? Will it actually show on my boarding pass Plat Pro or Gold? I am thinking I will not get the AA lounge even though I was Plat Pro when booked. I have CSR so can access Priority Pass lounge. And its my understanding regardless, since I have an MCE I can order alcohol. I took a transatlantic cruise over, so still have questions since losing my status.

Can someone shed light on their experience on this. Thank you. Linda
Aside from being able to reserve an MCE seat at booking due to your former status, nothing else carries over. You get AA Gold benefits at the airport, and no lounge access unless you have an AC membership. You will get Priority Boarding based on your Gold status and this will be reflected on your BP. And yes, you will have free drinks in MCE.