FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Random seat changes to UA itineraries after having an assigned seat [Consolidated]
Old May 14, 2019, 6:05 am
mloradites

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
But 6G is a middle seat. It's important that the OP keep checking the seatmap to try to get to an aisle or a window. Also, the OP should check-in exactly at T-24 for if a seat in the former First Class area is selectable then. Edited to add that the former First Class area is all occupied. There are still two windows but not good ones in the last Business cabin.
Yeah based on the math, it appeared the first class is filled. I'll be hot on the check in button today to see if anything changes. I saw the two window options but being backwards I'm wary. I've never done that on a plane and going backwards can trigger motion sickness for me.

Originally Posted by findark
You could probably get a few miles if you write to Customer Care, but unless you end up in a middle I wouldn't bother personally. (I got 10k proactively when my seat assignment on 340 was blanked and lost in Jan as part of the snafu with the new seatmap).
I did end up in the middle so 10k is worth it if offered.

Thanks to both for the info!